Monday, November 26, 2007

unoffended, part 2

So beyond questioning God...there's really the issue of not being offended. What did Jesus mean when he told John blessed is he who is not offended? I think he meant that there is a blessing that lies in the acceptance of the way God chooses to work in our lives. This is a definition of 'offended' :
  1. To cause displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings in.
Is what is happening in your life right now causing you to be offended at God? There are definitely some things in mine that I have been offended about, but didn't even realize I was! It's a really good thing to get gut-level honest with God and take him up on his offer in Isaiah 1 to "come and reason together" with him. There is such freedom in knowing that He can handle anything I've got to bring, and He is not rocked by it. His love is unchanging. So rather than act like I'm not offended, I am trying to choose to work through it. How 'bout you? What are you offended at God doing in your life? Are you questioning him? Do you care enough to try to work through it?

No comments: